Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Media Sources

Recently one of my older posts (before I had this kind of audience) has received a lot of attention. The amount of readers of my post " Media: Do you drink the Kool-Aid?" has increased so much (by 2500%) in the past few days, it has become the second most read post since I started this blog (second to "Vive la Révolution!"). When I first posted it, I was a bit disappointed because it barely received any viewership, but I'm glad it is receiving the attention that is currently is. 

With the renewed attention, I thought that I would include a list of the sources that I use for this blog to get my information. As I've said in my post, to get an accurate picture, you should at least look into 2-3 media sources because each one will highlight a different part of a specific conflict/issue. 


My sources include: Al Jazeera, CNN, Fox News, Haaretz, TIME, Techland, Mashable, MSNBC, NYTimes, Truthout, Politifact, BBC, the Telegraph, Islamopedia, Stratfor (by email), TED, Wikileaks, Talking Points Memo, and Politico. These are the sources that I have cited regularly in my blog; there would be no point in tracking every single source I've ever used (but my sources will continue to expand). 

None of the sources are objective per se, however, collectively they can give us a better idea of what is happening in the news than if I relied on one of them alone.

Since most of you may not have as much time as others, you only need a handful of these sources to get a better picture. If you don't even have the time for that, be cautious of the single source you use. For U.S. politics, I would recommend using Politico and Politifact. Both are websites that keep track of politicians' promises (on both sides, without a slant). For international events, I would recommend using Al Jazeera English and CNN International ( with the use of the Telegraph every once in a while).




If you just want to discover random secret information in the world, I would (without a doubt) recommend Wikileaks. They publish raw information and documents so you will have to get used to the formatting, however, the documents can be highly organized and easy to go through (that is why they are there). The site has 23,000 website domain names (to elude governments). The main U.S. page is all in numbers: http://213.251.145.96/  and the information you will gate is filtered to the major releases they have put out. I prefer the layout of their older site (and on all their mirror sites) here. I'm currently using Wikileaks to investigate the yearly Bilderburg meeting that world leaders (governments and businesses) have in extreme private every year (will post when I'm done!).

I would also like to point you toward another one of my older posts on the news titled "News that Matters."  Highly related to this post and the more popular one, you may find it interesting.


You can get all these page updates by "Liking" the Facebook blog page! here : http://on.fb.me/hWYYmi or by following me on Twitter! http://bit.ly/fIU3d7 Please Share on your network, email, comment or subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment