Monday, March 7, 2011

The Blog

 I've decided put up another update of the status of this blog and some changes that I've made to the site, as well as things to come. 

On a typical day where I'm actively blogging, I get a few hundred visits. The number also varies based on how much I advertise the on other sites (so sharing my posts would help!). I'm working with one of my readers and improving the site as well as increasing readership. 

Since the new semester has started, I've felt that the content I'm producing is not as good as it can be, but I'm sure you'll understand my time constraints. I try to get a few posts per week and hope you enjoy them. Since I've begun taking my Expository Writing class here at Bentley I've also been trying to adjust the way I write: rather than just spit back information to you (which is what I feel like I'm doing) I want to put more stress on giving my opinions based on those facts. I'm hoping this will improve the quality of what you read. 

As for accessing my information to make it more convenient, take a look at the "Getting Around My Blog" page underneath the title. This should allow you to take full advantage of different parts of the site. If you follow me on Twitter, you should know that I will no longer be using my Souman5 account. I'll be deleting that account in the coming weeks. If you want to continue to get my blog post updates through Twitter click here: Dvoiceofreason. As you can see, my new account is Dvoiceofreason (to go with the blog). If you don't follow me on Twitter, now's your chance!

If you aren't very fond of Twitter you can get automatic updates of new blog posts by becoming a fan of my blog's Facebook page at : facebook.dailyvoiceofreason.com  When you go to the site, click the Facebook icon and it should direct you to the page. Like it and get updates right on your Facebook feed!

If you aren't a fan of Facebook for whatever reason, you can just receive RSS feeds to your browser. On the left column (above the slideshow) you can follow comments or posts. Click the drop down menu where you can subscribe with any of the listed services. At the very bottom is a difficult to see link called "Atom." If you click that, it will prompt you to create a new "bookmark" or "favorite" list for my blog. Everytime I post up a new piece, it will automatically be bookmarked. All you have to do is check your bookmark bar and find new posts! 

These will all allow you to read my material without having to come to the website every time to check for updates. If nothing new is posted on Twitter, Facebook or your RSS Feed, then you should be all set! Just makes things more convenient, so enjoy!

As for some stats, here are the countries where I get my readers: 


Pageviews by Countries

United States

South Korea

United Kingdom

Singapore

Spain

Egypt

Canada

France

Netherlands

Germany
Belgium
Romania
Vietnam
South Africa
Russia




There are more countries from where I've gotten views, however, the system stops recording nations if they go below the lowest one listed here, which is Russia. Any countries that have  less views than that won't be listed. Oh well!



Pageviews by Browsers

Chrome
594 (35%)
Firefox
481 (28%)
Internet Explorer
461 (27%)
Safari
105 (6%)
Mobile
12 (<1%)
Firebird
9 (<1%)
SearchToolbar
9 (<1%)
Opera
6 (<1%)
NetFront
4 (<1%)
chromeframe
2 (<1%)

Pageviews by Operating Systems

Windows
1,330 (78%)
Macintosh
236 (13%)
Other Unix
89 (5%)
iPhone
11 (<1%)
Linux
10 (<1%)
BlackBerry
5 (<1%)
Samsung
4 (<1%)
iPod
4 (<1%)
Windows NT 6.1
2 (<1%)
PlayStation Portable
1 (<1%)

As for the future, I'll be adding a poll section to get more feedback from you guys and I'm considering changing my commenting system to use Facebook's new comment system. I'll have to weigh the costs and benefits. But things will move on!

You can get all these page updates by "Liking" the Facebook blog page! here : http://on.fb.me/hWYYmi. Please Share on your network, email, comment or subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment