Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Happy Blog It Is!

When I first decided to start a blog, it took me some time to choose the platform (I absolutely hate Wordpress), the subject of the blog (I've decided kind of everything), and how I would design and present it. I wondered if it would be too time consuming to keep up with especially with all that goes in on a college student's life, but I have to say, that it is one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. Before I go into more detail, I would highly recommend you start your own and I can give you tips on how to get things off on a good start (we can even set up a blogging circle to help each other out!).

Important Note: Thanks to one of my readers, you can now reach my this blog by simply typing in dailyvoiceofreason.com rather than dailyvoiceofreason.blogspot.com This should make it slightly easier though you should already have me bookmarked!!!!
Now, I have to take a step back and admire the statistics!! So far, I've had some 650 views from the 10 following countries: 

  1. United States 
  2. South Korea
  3. Singapore
  4. Spain
  5. United Kingdom
  6. Lebanon 
  7. France
  8. Sweden
  9. Malaysia
  10. Oman
  11. Australia
  12. Ukraine
Most of my viewers come from the U.S. but South Korea and Singapore have strong numbers to back them up, while others like the Spain, United Kingdom and Lebanon are middle range when it comes to viewership. All others are superficially small in followers but I see loyalty! So if you are from any of these countries (and I'm assuming you are since you are reading this) I'd just like to say hello!
You can't quite see the different shades for the different states, but clearly MA is the main source of my traffic!
U.S. centric stats show that I have readers in Massachusetts New York, Ohio (random!), Washington state,  Virginia, California, and Georgia. When it comes to Massachusetts (the state I'm based in) I gain most of my views from cities in and around Boston, and a seemingly obsessive line of followers from Brockton! (Thanks! but also not to mention someone from Dartmouth *cough*)
This shows a high concentration of readers around Brockton and Boston.

Since I've started this blog, I've constantly changed the website to make it easier to get around as well as more aesthetically pleasing. I'm constantly changing the layout for easier use as well as the Labels so you can find information quicker if you want to access information quicker. I've also upgraded to a new commenting system to make it easier to comment and interact (by "thumbs up" something) with me. So feel free to comment away! Even if you have some experience that may give other readers an interesting insight, or you just have a strong opinion. 

Tech related: 35% use Chrome (good job!), 29% use Internet Explorer (have I not convinced you to ditch it yet? search for browsers in the search bar to read my articles on them), Firefox 28% (also great choice!), and Safari taking 3%. The rest of it is either through search bar (I have no clue, don't ask), Opera (kinda good), NetFront and smaller software. 

On Operating systems, 70% of you use Windows, 14% of you use Macs, and 13% use some other OS Unix system, while a small percentage follow from mobile systems. Most of you come from direct traffic (if you've bookmarked my site) Facebook, Twitter, other blogs or other sites like that have linked to my blog.  Wherever you come from, for whatever reason, I hope you enjoyed your read since I put a lot of effort into these pieces!

Interestingly enough, here are my top 5 posts up until this date (with ties):

  1.  "Vive la Revolution"
  2. "Obama: Two Years Into It"
  3. "Islam's Struggle" tied with "My Case for Wikileaks" "
  4. TECH Update: The Future 10-20 years"
  5. "Islamic Banking" tied with "Julian Assange"
There is the update, to give you an idea of how quickly this site has grown in such a short amount of time, here's the graph I see over the past months:


Recently I reached the highest level of readers in one day. I've created a Facebook page for my blog that you can find here. as well as profiles in different blogging networks to spread the word! Feel free to share the site on any of your social networks if you enjoy the content!

Looks good to me! Send me any feedback you can about the blog by emailing me at moussahassoun@gmail.com or by commenting on here, or any of the stories on what you'd like to read, to voice an opinion about something or whatever else comes to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment